Thursday, November 18, 2010

Boy! Am I On a Roll Today!

So, this post is a little more light hearted than my last few posts, but I feel compelled to share.  I have had rather an odd day today.

 I ended up being up til 3 a.m. working on homework for today, so I decided to skip my 8 a.m. class (whose idea was an 8 a.m. class anyway!?) So, I slept until 8ish and started getting ready for work.  I was running a little behind, but I figured, no problem, I can take the expressway and be out there with 10 minutes to spare.  NEVER ASSUME!! lol

So, I start to head out to my car and my dad tells me I have a flat.  Great! Just what I need when I'm already running behind.  So, I drive my pitiful car, very slowly, to the gas station and put air in the tire and start heading in to work.  I think I only ended up being about 20 min. late, which really isn't that bad, all things considered.

After I'd been there for a little while, I took a bathroom break.  Nothing strange about that.  It's a fact of nature. Everyone has to go.  So, there you have it.

This might sound like a rabbit trail right here, but it is relevant, I assure you.  We have some new cleaning people here at work.  I admit no one was sad to see the Stinky Guy go.  (If you wanna know more about him, just ask lol)  But at first, these new people were throwing away the toilet paper rolls when they weren't completely empty just so they could refill the dispenser.  That has since changed.  They are now leaving the rolls, either on top of the dispenser or on the back of the toilet.  And now, back to my story . . .

So, I was exiting the stall and somehow (I have no idea how really) I must've knocked one of those extra rolls off of wherever it had been placed, because it was on the floor and in my effort to leave the stall, I kicked it.  At that precise moment, the bathroom door flings wide open.  Here is the scene that met the poor gal coming in.  Me, standing in the doorway of the stall, watching the toilet paper roll down the entire length of the bathroom, past the other stalls and down under the handicap stall.  She took it in stride though, and simply said 'Oh! TPing the bathroom??' haha I guess you could say that.

She then stood there and watched as I squatted down (very unladylike) and checked for feet under the handicap stall.  If there'd been someone in there . . . well, they'd probably have been startled! hahah  Thankfully, no one was in there, so I went in and retrieved the runaway roll of toilet paper.

All I can say is, there's never a dull moment with me, but some days are more hilarious than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment