Sunday, May 15, 2011

The End . . . But Really The Beginning . . .

So, this week will be the end of a lot of things for me.  It will be the end of my life as an undergraduate student.  It will be the end of crazy schedules that have me up at all hours of the night like some kind of lunatic.  It will be the end of my time in Virtual Showroom, the dept. that I've worked in for almost three years.  But in all these endings, there is something else; there are beginnings.

Beginnings, what a lovely word.  I roll it around on my tongue.  Beginnings, beginnings, beginnings.  It is such an amazing word because it is so full of possibility.  I start a new position next Monday.  I have no idea where this will take me.  I am both excited and scared at the same time, if I'm being honest.  Excited because I will finally be doing work within my field of study.  Excited because I will be working full time and hopefully, will be making enough money now so that I can start paying down my bills.  Excited because in this new endeavor, I will be meeting new people/new friends.  Excited because I finally don't have to spend all my free-time making power points! It seems that's all I've done this semester.  If you don't believe me, ask my family or the Wentzs.  They'll all tell you! haha

But then the fears creep up.  "What if I can't do this job?" "What if the other people in the department don't like me?" "What if this doesn't work out the way I hope it does?" Aghhh!! . . . and then I realize how silly I am.  My fears are unfounded.  I have a God who is so much greater than my fears.  He knows what is right for me and what I can handle.  He can give me the strength I need to do this job. Yep, that's right I'm claiming Philippians 4:13. :)

So, all that to say, I am coming up to a bend in my road and I can't wait to see what is around the corner.  God has been so good to me, so I have pretty high expectations. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment