Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Killer on the Loose and 2 Other Weird Things . . .

So, I get this text from a co-worker that basically read "Watch out! There's a killer on the loose.  Don't talk to anyone on your way home!" Excuse me? Say what? So, I being the internet savvy gal that I am, decided to check it out online and find out what in blazes was going on! Turns out there really is a killer on the loose . . . yikes!!! So, on my way home, I decided it might be wise to be cautious.

I knew I was going to need gas, but I thought if I could make it to the Wentzs, I could wait until tomorrow to fill up.  That way I would have no chances to encounter said killer.  No such luck, however, so when the gas light came on,  I resigned myself to heading to the gas station, as I kept one eye peeled for shady characters (forget that I really only have one eye lol) So, anyway, I guess it was because I was more attuned to my surroundings, but boy did I notice some weirdos!!

I was driving through the Wal-Mart parking lot across from the mall, when I spotted a lone figure standing behind T.G.I. Fridays.  As I got closer, I saw it was an older man, wearing a sour expression and . . . a pirate patch? what? Oh, yes, he was wearing a pirate patch.  I kept on driving.  Haha Then when I walked into Wal-Mart, I was greeted by what appeared to be an Edbassmaster character!! This guy was like a combination of Mister Rogers, Gollum and Harry Carey . . . yeah . . . He was tall and skinny with big, thick, black glasses and a cardigan sweater (along with his little blue vest).  He was an older gentleman and he had the oddest hair.  No hair on the top, but a long fringe of Gollum hair that came down to his shoulders.  Once again, I kept on walking . . . It just goes to show you that there's just no telling sometimes . . . :)

2 comments:

  1. Apart from the fact that you probably see pirate people everywhere, imposing mental eye patches, peglegs, and heavy mascara on the occasional bystander, you also have a huge LOTR addiction and more than likely imagine LOTR character costumes on everyone. I am more surprised that on your way home you did NOT see the Dark Lord sporting a pegleg while stroking a stuffed parrot with elf ears. Beware that Sauron, he's a killah! Hah, from the Joe that you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have you know that I do not see pirate people everywhere and I have never seen anyone with a pegleg! LOL and the Dark Lord, Sauron, couldn't have a parrot . . . it would catch on fire!

    ReplyDelete